Friday, July 15, 2011

P1 English : Rhyme Time (1)

We are introducing poems to our P1 pupils during English lessons this term.

Learning Objectives : Pupils will be able to
- enjoy and appreciate poems
- learn how to read with expressions
- learn how their tone can bring across different meaning
- project their voice
- know when to pause

We have been practising Poetry Recitation with the 3 poems below.
Get your child to read to you at home. :)

If I Were A Bird

If I were a bird, I'd sing a song
And fly about the whole day long
And when the night came
Go to rest, up in my cozy little nest

Giraffe

Of all the animals in the zoo,
I am the tallest. That is true.
Who am I? I am the giraffe.
I am brown and white with a little red,
And I have two knobs on the top of my head.

Big Grey Elephant

The big grey elephant slowly walks.
She doesn't make a sound.
She swings her trunk from left to right.
When she puts her feet on the ground.
Swing, swing, left and right,
She doesn't make a sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment