Saturday, September 3, 2011

P1 English : Rhyme Time (3)

Polar Bear

The polar bear lives in Alaska,
He never gets cold in a storm,
He swims in cold icy water,
His heavy coat keeps him warm.
Warm, warm, warm, warm,
His heavy coat keeps him warm,
Warm, warm, warm, warm, warm,
His heavy coat keeps him warm.

Tiny Tim

There was a little turtle,
His name was Tiny Tim.
I put him in the bathtub to see if he could swim.
He drank up all the water,
He ate up all the soap,
And nowhe is in the bathtub,
With a bubble in his throat.
Bubble, bubble, bubble,
Bubble, bubble, pop!

My Pet Alligator

He crawls through the rooms
He likes to watch TV
And he almost eats everything
If he can
But if he doesn't like the food
He gets very mad
So we give him food he likes
Just to be on the safe side.

My Cat

My cat is black as darkest night,
Just like when there is no moonlight.
His eyes shine as green as grass
Just like two round balls of glass.

But whenever the day is warm and sunny
His eyes are gold and clear as honey.
He rolls on his back and very soon
His coat is dusty by afternoon.

The Tiger and the Zebra

The tiger phoned the zebra
and invited him to dine.
He said, "If you could join me,
that would simply be divine."
The zebra said, "I thank you,
but respectfully decline.
I heard you ate the antelope;
he was a friend of mine."

On hearing this the tiger cried,
"I must admit it's true!
I also ate the buffalo,
the llama and the gnu.
And yes I ate the warthog,
the gazelle and kangaroo,
but I could never eat a creature
as beautiful as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment